Final Reflection: Looking Back
This final reflection should be written BEFORE the Viva Voce meeting. It should:
- Offer your final reflections on the process
- Discuss any achievements realized or challenges overcome
- Discuss elements that allowed you to complete the task that may not be readily apparent in the essay itself.
- Discuss any relevant ATL's (Approaches to Learning) that you have developed through the process & be ready to provide good examples.
- Roughly 200 words in length
- What did you discover that surprised you?
- Is writing the EE mainly about process or product AND why?
- What would you have done differently and why?
- What advice would you give to a student just beginning this process?
- What have been the high and low points of the research and writing processes?
- What would you have done differently?
- What is the most important thing that you learned?
- What was your greatest challenge and how did you overcome it?
- What would you change if you did another EE?
- What was the most valuable experience that you took away from the process?
- What was your greatest challenge and what did you do to overcome it?
- What IB learner profile attribute would you say helped you through the process (communicator, risk-taker, etc.)?
- Would you like to continue reading on this topic?
- What questions did this process raise?
- What conclusions have you drawn about the topic?